Keep your lawn green and tidy in just a few clicks!
Canadian winters can be hard on your lawn and cleaning it up takes a lot of effort and skills. Snow, ice, and general wear and tear from winter can do plenty of damage to your grass. Spring clean up services offer a comprehensive lawn care solution that will get your grass growing green, healthy, and thick this summer season. Whether you just want some leaves and debris cleaned off your lawn, or you want a comprehensive TLC with core aeration and power edging, Yardly has the solution for you.
Spring Clean Up services are available through Yardly from mid-April to late-May every year in the following areas: Edmonton, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, Fort Saskatchewan, Leduc, Beaumont, Calgary, Airdrie, Chestermere, Cochrane and Winnipeg.
- Power Raking
- Leaf & debris clean up on turf
- First Mow and Trim
- Bagging Clippings & Debris
- Standard Package
- Core Aeration
- Power Edging
Why choose Yardly?
- Instant Free Quote - Free quote provided in minutes based on satellite imaging
- Fair Upfront Pricing - No more price haggling - you get a fair market price with no surprises
- Simple Online Ordering - Order easily on your cell phone or desktop, just like online shopping
- Vetted & Insured - All Yardly Pros are insured by $2 million + commercial liability insurance
- Professional Customer Support - Help available 7 days a week to ensure your complete satisfaction
- Complete Satisfaction Guarantee - Jobs done right or you get your money back
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s included in a Spring Clean Up?
We offer two Spring Clean Up packages - Standard and Premium.
Each Spring Clean Up package includes:
- Power Raking - Your Yardly Pro will de-thatch your entire lawn, removing all of the accumulated debris and dead grass that prevents it from growing to its fullest potential.
- First Mowing & Trimming - The first mow of the season is crucial. Professional grass cutting of all turf surfaces to standard cutting height of 2.5" - 3" and grass trimming along all of the edges of the turf surfaces
- Leaf & debris clean up on turf - Loose leaves and debris will be cleaned up and bagged from the lawn area.
- Rockbed Blowout - Loose leaves and clippings will be blown off rock gardens or tree surrounds. Please note that this may not catch all the leaves in the rock bed. If you need detailed cleaning of the rock bed, a custom quote will apply.
- Clippings & Debris Bagging - Bagged clippings will be left near your property's waste pickup site for removal by your municipality.
- Core Aeration - Aerate your lawn so that it receives more of the sunlight, nutrients, and water it needs to grow thick and healthy during the summer. Aeration is completed using a plug aerator. Plugs will be left on the turf surface to decompose.
- Fertilization - Fertilization can help build stronger roots and blade, and strengthens the lawn against weed growth. Add a fertilization add-on to have a healthy green lawn all summer!
- Power Edging - Power edging is the mechanical removal of overgrown grass on concrete areas by a metal blade. It uniforms grass lines and give your lawn a professional and clean look around sidewalks and driveways.
What extra services does Yardly offer?
In addition to what is included in the package, a custom quote is required for adding below services. Please select them when you place your order, and the job will be billed on an hourly basis for these tasks in addition to the Standard/Premium Spring Clean Up.
- Rockbed Cleanup - Hand removal of dead plants, weeds, or excessive leaves
- Removal of Fallen Fruits - Removal and bagging of fallen apples, etc.
- Removal of Pine Cones/Pine needles - Removal and bagging of loose pine cones and pine needles.
What’s not included in the service?
The below services are not included in a typical spring clean up visit, and may cause surcharges or service delays.
- Grass under inaccessible areas such as trampoline, garden furnitures, etc. No Objects will be moved for liability reasons.
- Cleaning up of pet waste, garbage, large branches, or excessive debris on the turf area.
When will the work be done?
For the best quality of your lawn, a Spring Clean Up with Yardly will be scheduled between mid-April to late-May Spring, after snow completely melts and before the grass starts growing fast. Spring Clean Up services are scheduled on a first-come-first-serve basis. It is the busiest season of the year for Yardly, please make sure you get your booking early. Get started now!
How does Yardly determine pricing?
The price of each service is based on extensive market research of local market pricing. The Spring Clean Up price is based on the size of the area that needs to be cleaned and the package and the extras you select. You can get an instant estimate of your price here.
What if my grass is overgrown?
If your grass is over 6” long, you will be charged a surcharge to compensate the additional time needed for the job and additional wear and tear on the equipment. Please review our list of potential surcharges and cancellation policy.
How can I get free lawn mowing?
If you enjoy our lawn care service, give your friend a free trial lawn mowing with Yardly and you'll get a free lawn mowing as well! Not only do you help them take care of their yard, you also get rewarded as a Yardly customer. You can learn more about our Referral Program here.
Need more help?
Visit the Help Centre for more help.
Get To Know Your Yard
13 APRIL 2016
Lawns, especially in areas that don’t experience particularly heavy rainfall like Edmonton, require a lot of water. It’s useful to periodically check how deep water is penetrating the surface…Read more on our blog
18 APRIL 2016
Let’s take a look at lawn fertilization, what it is, how to pick a fertilizer, how it can dramatically improve the health and quality of your lawn, and how we can help you fertilize…Read more on our blog
13 MAY 2016
There's nothing more irritating for home owners and lawn care aficionados than unsightly weeds ruining the green, healthy lawn they spent hours cultivating. Weeds can undoubtedly be a tough…Read more on our blog