Collection of Information: We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Services or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
- Personal Information. We collect personally identifiable information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you use our App, visit our Site, register on the Site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, subscribe to our newsletter and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available through the Services. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously but will not be able to use any member features such as ordering or providing yard maintenance services to other users.
How we collect and use information. Yardly collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes: To improve customer service, to provide the services, to personalize the user experience, to understand how our services are being used, to improve our Services, to process transactions, to administer contests, promotions and surveys, to send communications that Users subscribe for, to send notifications and to respond to enquiries and requests. More specifically we collect and use information as follows:
- Registration: In order to register for our Services you must provide certain Personal Information to us such as your name and email address. If you are registering as an independent contractor, you must also provide your industry and identify whether you are a professional independent contractor with a business license, insurance, and Worker's Compensation Board ("WCB") coverage ("Pro"), or an independent contractor that does not have a business license, insurance or WCB coverage ("Express") (collectively, "Independent Contractors"). You must also provide us with additional information including your business name, the names of the primary and secondary contacts, phone number, email and website link (if applicable). Additionally if you identify as a Pro you must provide your business license, proof of insurance and proof of WCB coverage. We use this information to provide you with the Services. If you register as an Independent Contractor, you agree that we may directly verify any information that you provide to us and that we may also engage third-parties to verify your information on our behalf.
- Payments: Clients must pay for the services by credit card unless otherwise arranged with Rockia. Clients paying by credit card must submit their credit card information to our merchant account payment gateway, provided and hosted by Stripe. All payment information is stored by our Payment Processor, and not by Rockia. We do not process, hold, or store any User credit card or payment information. If you are purchasing one-time services, you must pay for the services in advance. If you have registered with us for recurring services, your credit card will be charged upon completion of the services, as the price may vary from your base quote depending on, for example, the amount of snowfall.
- Information Sharing with Independent Contractors: When Clients submit a request for yard maintenance services you must provide personal information, including your name, address, and contact information. We will send this information to the independent contractor being dispatched to your location to provide the Services. Therefore, when You submit a request for services, You understand and agree that your address and/or details about the request will be shared with an Independent Contractor. Independent Contractors agree to treat that information as confidential information and shall not disclose any Client's personal information without consent except to the extent necessary to comply with the requirements of the law
- Marketing Communications: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us such as our newsletter, we will keep you up to date on our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication.
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Services which we use for analytics including predictive analytics. Aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
- Third-Party Links: The Website and App may contain links to other third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Such third-party websites are governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such third-party providers and we are not involved in any interaction or transaction between you and such third-parties.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website and/or App or our services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website, and/or App and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
How we protect your information: We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our App or Site. Sensitive and private data exchange between the App, the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Please note that You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password for the Services to third parties.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Last Updated on April 12, 2016